Our goal is to provide skills that are firmly founded in actual construction experience to suit the needs of contractors and owners.
Meet our team
MICHAEL C. BONE, P.E.
President and Chief Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, The Citadel, 1969
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering, The University of Florida, 1970
REGISTRATIONS & HONORS: Florida Professional Engineer License No. 19383; Florida Licensed General Contractor; Past President, Engineering Contractors Association of South Florida; Past Director, Florida Transportation Builders Association; Holder of two U.S. Patents for integral pile and post soundwall structural system; Member, The Florida Transportation Builders Association, FDOT Structures Committee, American Concrete Institute. FDOT registered Specialty Engineer.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Mike Bone has over 45 years’ experience in engineered heavy construction; working in the capacity of superintendent, layout engineer, project engineer, quality control engineer, project manager, estimator and design engineer. Mr. Bone has served as General Manager for the Structures Divisions of two major South Florida Structures Contractors. He is an accomplished builder and designer in the areas of bridges, foundations, marinas, bulkheads, cofferdams and sound walls. He has been an expert witness in court and served FDOT as a consultant on constructability, claims and scheduling. Mike Bone is responsible for the design of a pile and post wall system adopted as a standard for sound walls by the Florida Department of Transportation. He has completed the FDOT Short Course on Load and Resistance Factor Design of Bridges.
EXPERIENCE RECORD: Jan/71-Sep71 Design engineer with Howard, Needles, Tammen and Bergendorf in Alexandria, Virginia. Assisted with structural and geometric design of several bridges for the Virginia Department of Highways.
- Jan/71-Sep71 Design engineer with Howard, Needles, Tammen and Bergendorf in Alexandria, Virginia. Assisted with structural and geometric design of several bridges for the Virginia Department of Highways.
- Sep/71-Jan/76 Chief Engineer for Atlantic Foundation Company, Inc. performing estimating, contract administration and the design of forms, falsework and cofferdams.
- Jan/76-Oct/88 Promoted to Vice President of Atlantic Foundation Company, serving as General Manager of the Heavy Construction Division.
- Oct/88-Nov/96 Vice President and General Manager for Structures at State Contracting & Engineering Corporation, Fort Lauderdale.
- Nov/96-Present President and Chief Engineer for Construction Engineering Consultants, Corp.
FRANCIS J. BAIN, P.E.
Vice-President and Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Florida International University, 2006
Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Florida International University, 2016
REGISTRATIONS & HONORS: Florida Professional Engineer License No. 76197; Licensed professional Engineer in North Carolina and Georgia; ASCE; NSBE; Chi Epsilon Honor Society.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Francis Bain has over 15 years of engineering design experience. He started his career analyzing and designing shear walls for midrise and high rise building. As Project Engineer and DeSimone Consulting Engineers, he coordinated with contractors and owner representatives to provide structural engineering solutions prior to and during construction. Francis joined Construction Engineering Consultants in 2011 and was made Vice-President in 2017 At CEC, he has done structural analysis and design on heavy construction projects. His design experience at CEC is varied, provided engineering on projects like the 47’ deep support of excavation at Miami-Dade Pump Station 3i, beam bracing for the Miami Signature Bridge, and analysis of cranes on bridge deck at the I-95/I-595 interchange. Francis is experienced in the use of much of today’s engineering software. RISA-3D and the RISA suite of software, SAFE, SAP 2000, RAM Concept, PCA and PyWall are a few.
- Aug/2005-Oct/2008 Project Engineer, DeSimone Consulting Engineers, Miami, FL
- Structural Analysis and design of midrise/high rise structures per ACI, AISC, IBC, ASCE 7, NDS and FBC
- Emphasis on lateral system analysis and design
- Construction administration
- Notable projects – Four Midtown, 1450 Brickell, One Bal Harbour
- Jan/2011-Present Vice-President, Construction Engineering Consultants, Sunrise, FL
- Contractor and Owner Specialty Engineering and Design
- Support of excavation analysis and design
- Bridge erection/beam stability analysis
- Crane on bridge deck analysis
- Notable projects – Signature Bridge (Miami), Port of Miami Tunnel, FPL Pipe Bridge (Ft. Lauderdale), I-595/I-95 Interchange (Ft. Lauderdale), Howard Frankland Bridge Widening (Tampa), Brickell City Center (Miami), John Young Parkway Bridge (Orlando), Pump Station 3 Cofferdam (Miami)
TIMOTHY M. SMITH
Vice-President and Engineer
AA, Broward College 1969
REGISTRATIONS & HONORS: Florida Licensed General Contractor
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Mr. Smith has over 45 years of experience in construction operations, planning and the management of highway, airport and municipal projects in Florida. He has specialized in roadway, embankment and drainage construction and has extensive experience in bidding, contract administration and negotiation. Tim has served as an expert witness in construction claims cases and served on several Dispute Review Boards.
- Jan/73-Nov/83 Vice President, Projects Manager and estimator, State Paving Corporation
- Dec83/-Jan/94 President State Paving Corporation
- Feb/94-Dec/2012 President State Contracting and Engineering Corporation
- Jan/2012-Present Consultant on construction project management and claims
KELLEN C. BONE
Degree in Graphics and Film Production, Full Sail University, Orlando, Florida
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Kellen has 16 years of experience in producing working and submittal drawings for all aspects of bridge, cofferdam and support of excavation construction.
- Jan/02-Present CADD Technician for Construction Engineering Consultants